ON SAFEGUARDING THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF OUR CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES IN THE LIGHT OF COVID-19
12 March 2020
At Red Ribbon, our commitment to the health and well-being of our customers, team members and the communities in which we serve is extremely important to us. We pride ourselves in sharing the joy of eating through our great tasting cakes and pastries and warm, friendly service while adhering to the highest standards of food safety and cleanliness.
As the world reels from the ongoing threat of COVID-19, we wanted to let you know that we are carefully monitoring the situation and keeping abreast on the updates and guidance from health agencies including the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization. Safety is our top priority. As such, we have implemented precautionary measures across all our Red Ribbon Bakeshops to protect our customers and team members during this time of heightened concern. We have increased the health and safety practices as recommended by CDC, including:
- Provision of hand sanitizers for easy access of customers and team members
- More frequent cleaning and sanitizing of communal areas
- Strictly designate store personnel to pick products from the bread/pastry cart to ensure safe handling of products
- More frequent handwashing and sanitizing practices among team members
- Regular communication of illness prevention practices to our team members
Across Red Ribbon, we have developed scenario-based protocols to support possible exposure in any of our work locations. We have postponed large meetings across our Bakeshops, Manufacturing Facilities and Support Center and have restricted any business-related travel until further notice. Mandated self-quarantine are also in place following guidelines set by the company.
We will continue to adjust our operations according to the recommendations of health authorities. Bringing people together over the joy of eating has been our mission at Red Ribbon and we remain committed to providing a safe and quality dining experience to all our customers. We enjoin you to help us in this endeavor through:
- Practice of proper hygiene such as handwashing before meals
- Observe proper respiratory coughing etiquette
- Maintain ‘social distance’ from one another in all our bakeshops.